Just about anything and everything under the sun....

 
Other Things
I seem to have lost some of my links due to the change in template. For those who want to be added please just leave a message in my shoutbox below! thanks!
other blogs I author
  • ang tambayan ni rj
  • Leave me a message :)

    Free chat widget @ ShoutMix
    >
    Stats!!
    Blog for the Day
    Soundz!!!


    MusicPlaylistRingtones
    Music Playlist at MixPod.com

    My Readers
    What do you do when its your "Last Holiday"?
    Friday, November 30, 2007

    I was watching "Last Holiday" earlier and it got me thinking...What do you do when you discover that you have only got three weeks to live?


    "Last Holiday" is actually about a woman named Georgia Byrd working as a sales associate in the cookware section of a store in New Orleans. She was diagnosed with Lampington's disease and found out that she only had three weeks to live. And so with that she quit her job, got all her savings and went on holiday cruise at a place in Europe. My summary is a little understated so to speak because I wouldn't want to ruin the ending for anyone.


    This past few years I look back and remember being a control freak. I still am sometimes. Always uptight, wanting to be on schedule, getting mad when things just don't go my way. I guess the environment I have grown up in is fast paced and being raised by my mom alone(my Dad was working in KSA), she wanted things in order. Well, I know the movie was released last year but frankly speaking it kind of got to me. Coz you see, it made me realize that sometimes having control is not assurance that everything would be in its rightful place all the time. I know it can help...but we can't control everything and somewhere along the way things can go wrong. Usually, control causes you to freak out and reach your saturation point. It could get me so stressed out, I worry about little glitches and sometimes bring it out on other people. (My Bad... I'm sorry.. :( )

    And so with that, I have come to a realization that while its good to be ready for those "little glitches" and its nice to know that you have control over your life, wouldn't it be better to know that when you finally reach the end of the road you're happy and contented with the life that you've had??? Well, I'm not getting any younger but I won't go all pessimistic and say that I'm gonna die tomorrow..but the sad fact is when its your time ..its your time.. so i think I'm gonna try to live my life with a little more fun in it. Relax, have a nice time, live life one day at a time, give myself time to experience life in all its glory...


    And like they say "don't sweat the small stuff"!!! :):):)


    Powered by ScribeFire.

    Labels: , , ,

    posted by RJ @ Friday, November 30, 2007  
    2 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: RJ
    Home: Baguio City, Philippines
    About Me: I'm pretty much normal and sane. Much like anybody I believe that each and every person is unique, with their strengths and weaknesses. Thus, everyone should be given a chance to prove themselves. I stand firm with my convictions, but that doesn't necessarily mean that nobody can prove me wrong, I have learned that one is entitled to his or her own opinion. Just the same, you won't usually see me standing in the sidelines waiting for somebody to prove a point. I guess this is the foremost reason why this blog was created... And so I leave it all up to you to read between the lines..and begin to know me with the way I express myself through my writings.. :)
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    BLOGGER

    © Just about anything and everything under the sun.... .Blogspot Template by Isnaini Dot Com